Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom's recipe from when she went back to work. My Dad is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy, this was right up his alley.
- 1 -2 lb ground chuck
- 2 -3 medium sweet potatoes or 2 -3 medium potatoes
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can corn
- Lay out a piece of foil, sprayed with pam for each serving.
- Place a hamburger patty on each piece of foil.
- Add sliced potatoes,then green beans, then corn.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up each packet.
- cook at 400^ for one hour.
This was sooo easy but sooo bland! I ended up heating up a can of gravy and pouring a quarter cup on top after it was done and that made it very yummy. I will be making this again and next time will season the meat and potatoes before sticking them in the oven.
I think the original cook forgot to mention the seasonings! If one prepares this as given, a very bland and tasteless supper will result. At the very least combine some onion soup and a crushed clove of garlic with the ground chuck for some flavor. Ensure to slice the potatoes very thin so that they cook through. And in the words of the French chef,"Assaisonez! Assaisonez! Assaisonez votre plat,mes petits!" Season your dish,my dears!