1 hr 30 mins
Kat's Mom's Note:
Dei Fratelli makes wonderful canned tomato products and this recipe was on the back of a tomato sauce label. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like great comfort food that both kids and adults would enjoy. Simple steps even a beginner can follow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 cups croutons (or use seasoned and omit Italian seasoning)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce (Dei Fratelli if you can find it)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a large frying pan brown the ground beef with the chopped onion.
- 3Drain grease.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste (I would start with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper).
- 5Place half of the croutons (4 cups) in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- 6Mix the tomato sauce and the corn with the meat mixture.
- 7Spoon meat mixture evenly over the croutons in baking dish.
- 8Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- 9Spread remaining croutons on top.
- 10In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- 11Mix milk and Italian seasoning into eggs.
- 12Pour the milk/egg mixture over the croutons/meat mixture.
- 13Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Hamburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.7 mg
- Sodium 711.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: