Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An elegant and delicious presentation for a special Easter dinner
- 1 smoked ham
- 2 cups apple juice or 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons calvados or 2 tablespoons apple brandy
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in a 325ºF oven until meat thermometer registers 140ºF.
- In a small saucepan combine apple juice and cinnamon; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon.
- In a skillet cook celery in butter until tender but not brown.
- Stir in apple juice, chopped apple, pecans, raisins and brown sugar; Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the apple mixture.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Calvados.
- Serve with ham.