Recipe by msjill111
I got this from the Taste of Home website. The original recipe calls for a fully cooked ham but I always use an uncooked ham and cook it myself, you just have to cook it longer but a cooked ham would do just as well. This is the best ham I've ever had...honestly!
- 1 (6 -8 lb) fully cooked bone in ham (6-8 pounds)
- whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 5 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham in roasting pan.
- Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes.
- Insert cloves into diamonds (use as many as you'd like). I like to use quite a few.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours. Longer if using an uncooked ham. Go according to package directions.
- Combine brown sugar and pineapple juice, pour over ham.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries on ham and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake, uncovered an additional 30-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 140°F.