Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from the Taste of Home website. The original recipe calls for a fully cooked ham but I always use an uncooked ham and cook it myself, you just have to cook it longer but a cooked ham would do just as well. This is the best ham I've ever had...honestly!
- 1 (6 -8 lb) fully cooked bone in ham (6-8 pounds)
- whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 5 maraschino cherries
- Place ham in roasting pan.
- Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes.
- Insert cloves into diamonds (use as many as you'd like). I like to use quite a few.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours. Longer if using an uncooked ham. Go according to package directions.
- Combine brown sugar and pineapple juice, pour over ham.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries on ham and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake, uncovered an additional 30-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 140°F.
Made this for Mother's Day. Perfect just as written. Thanks.
Made this delightful ham on Christmas day. Did not add the cloves, but otherwise, made as directed. Very moist ham with a nice zing from the pineapple juice and brown sugar. Next time around, I think I will use a little less pinapple juice and try to make the mixture more like a paste so it adheres to the ham, but the juices were fabulous. Thanks!