Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a very good baked ham easy to prepare good for Easter or a company meal. Recipe comes from Pillsbury.
- 6 -8 lbs fully cooked bone-in ham, half
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry sherry or 1 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup stone ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham, fat side up, in roasting or on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Pour water into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove ham from oven.
- add sherry to roasting pan, If necessary trim fat from ham.
- Score Ham diagonally at one inch intervals, cutting about 1/4 inch deep; score in opposite direction to from diamonds.
- Insert meat thermometer so bulb reaches thickest part of ham but does not rest in fat or on bone.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade and mustards; mix well.
- Brush half of marmalade mixture over ham; baste with pan juices.
- Return to oven; bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- ,basting frequently with pan juices and brushing with remaining marmalade mixture.
- Let ham stand in roasting pan for 15 minutes before slicing, basting frequently with pan juices.
- Serve, enjoy.
Yum! I found this recipe in Pillsbury Christmas 2009. Fast, easy, and very tasty. Thank you for posting this recipe!