Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This Recipe comes from Southern Living and is originally called Michele's Baked Ham and it is the VERY best we've ever had!
- Don't use the kind of ham that is pre-cooked. The one I use is Smithfield brand and has the bone in it. It's usually the rump portion.
- It also doesn't have to be exactly 10 lbs.
- Wrap ham in aluminum foil, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan; bake at 300° for 2 hours.
- Remove ham from oven, and unwrap.Just pull the foil down away from the ham. It's not necessary to completely take it off. Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern.
- Stir together marmalade and remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Spoon glaze over ham, and bake 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 140°.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.