Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect for Sunday family dinner. From Southern Living.
Make and share this Baked Ham With Orange-Honey Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (7 -9 lb) smoked fully cooked whole boneless ham
- 1 whole clove
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a saucepan, combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Remove 1/4 cup of mixture and combine with cornstarch, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the orange juice mixture in the saucepan; stir until smooth.
- Add in the dry mustard and next 3 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continually, until the mixture comes to a boil; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and take the pan off the stove burner and set aside.
- Score the fat on the ham in a diamond pattern; stud with whole cloves.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer; make sure it does not touch fat.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 140°.
- After the first hour of baking, baste the ham every 15 minutes with orange-honey sauce.
- Heat the remaining sauce; add orange sections; serve with ham.