A different taste to ham--a bit fruity and still the zing from the ginger make this recipe a nice change from the others. And it is easy to prepare, too.
- Prepare and heat the ham according to directions.
- Meanwhile combine marmalade, ginger root and mustard thoroughly.
- Remove meat 30 minutes, before the ham is done.
- Raise oven heat to 425°F.
- Brush with marmalade mixture.
- Pour ginger ale and 1/4 orange juice into the roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, basting the ham with the pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, put on a board, cover lightly with foil and let rest for approx 15 minutes.
- Pour cooking juices into a small sauce pan. Stir in brown sugar; heat and let simmer.
- Combine the remaining orange juice with the cornstarch.
- Add to the mix and let simmer until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle ham slices before serving.