Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
"A Family Reunion", Good Food Magazine, August 1986. Prep time does not include standing times. Makes about 4 cups of conserve.
- Thirty minutes before cooking, remove ham from refrigerator and let stand. Trim fat to 1/4-inch layer.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham in shallow roasting pan and bake 15 minutes per pound. Thirty minutes before ham is done, mix mustard and honey and brush all over ham. Baste ham with pan drippings after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, while ham is baking, cut cantaloupes in half; seed, peel, and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 cups).
- Combine all remaining ingredients in large saucepan and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat and boil 7-8 minutes. Pour mixture into colander placed over another saucepan. Let drain 5 minutes.
- Boil liquid until syrupy and reduced to 1 cup. Stir fruit into syrup. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate up to 1 month. Serve cold with ham.