Recipe by Dib's
An excellent glaze for ham or pork roast.
Top Review by Donna M.
I did a ham butt with this glaze in the crockpot for Christmas dinner. I had to improvise a bit with what I had on hand, so I used half a can of jellied cranberry sauce in place of the jelly, and a whole can of crushed pineapple in juice (8 ounces), including ALL the juice. I cooked the ham on low in the pot for 6 hours, drained the juices off, then poured the glaze over it and cooked it for 2 more hours. It was falling off the bone and tasted divine. My guests said it was the best ham they have ever eaten! Thanks, Di!
- 6 lbs fully cooked, smoked semi boneless ham
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (with 1/2 amount of its juice)
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly or 1⁄2 cup cranberry jelly
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish (I use hot)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Score ham and bake in a 325* oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat add remaining ingredients, stir and melt.
- Brush this on ham frequently.
- I reserve around 1/2 of this recipe to offer at the table or to drizzle over sliced ham on the platter.