Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An excellent glaze for ham or pork roast.
Make and share this Baked Ham with Horseradish Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs fully cooked, smoked semi boneless ham
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (with 1/2 amount of its juice)
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly or 1⁄2 cup cranberry jelly
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish (I use hot)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Score ham and bake in a 325* oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat add remaining ingredients, stir and melt.
- Brush this on ham frequently.
- I reserve around 1/2 of this recipe to offer at the table or to drizzle over sliced ham on the platter.
I did a ham butt with this glaze in the crockpot for Christmas dinner. I had to improvise a bit with what I had on hand, so I used half a can of jellied cranberry sauce in place of the jelly, and a whole can of crushed pineapple in juice (8 ounces), including ALL the juice. I cooked the ham on low in the pot for 6 hours, drained the juices off, then poured the glaze over it and cooked it for 2 more hours. It was falling off the bone and tasted divine. My guests said it was the best ham they have ever eaten! Thanks, Di!
this is Jezabel sauce in the south great stuff on cold ham mike.
As some others stated, I used an 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, with all its juice. This was great! I will be using again for baked ham. Thank you for sharing this.