Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
If you have leftover ham, freeze it for future soups, salads or sandwiches. Stored in an airtight container, frozen ham will keep up to two months.
- 6 lbs fully cooked smoked bone-in ham
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. On rack in shallow roasting pan, place ham. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of ham. Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 135 degrees to 140 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Brush glaze over ham during last 45 minutes of bakin.
- Remove ham from oven; cover with tent of foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes for easier carving.
I had it as a 5 but my 29 year old daughter and wife thought a 3 because of too much orange. I used Dijon mustard as I could not find my mustard powder.
I used the zest from a whole orange and the juice from half of the orange. The glaze was wonderful and produced a lightly glazed ham. The ham was trimmed of fat and stubbed with cloves. It was very attractive and everyone really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting the recipe.
Yumm!! I don't give 5 stars often but I really like this. Did a search for "bone-in" ham to use a shank. I was worried when I tasted the mixture because the flavor of the mustard was really strong. I had a 10 lb ham so I followed the time on the pack but followed the recipe as written otherwise. The sugar did glaze the ham perfectly.