1/1 Photo of Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Honey Glaze
6 hrs 5 mins
Original recipe from Trisha Yearwood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust the oven racks to accommodate a large covered roasting pan. Fit the pan with a shallow rack. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Unwrap the ham and rinse it in cold water. Place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Cover the pan with the lid and bake for half the estimated cooking time (Total cooking time is about 20 minutes per pound.) Halfway through the estimated cooking time, add the sugar and honey to a saucepan, cooking over medium heat until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the ham and continue baking the ham, basting occasionally with the drippings in the roaster.
- 3Check for doneness at the end of the estimated cooking time by inserting a meat thermometer at a meaty point (not into fat or touching the bone). It should register 160 degrees F.
- 4Allow the ham to stand for 15 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to set.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Honey Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1294.6
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 374.8 mg
- Sodium 9422.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 126.2 g