Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
Recipe was adapted from 'Cooking for the Rushed' cookbook. I cut back the green onions & black pepper; we found them alittle overpowering. You could substitute the cheese, however, I feel the Swiss compliments the flavours the best. If you don't like ham, try shrimp or smoked turkey breast instead.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 15 mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large croissants
- 4 slices black forest ham (approx 160 g)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (approx 85 g)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat butter in non-stick pan at med-high heat.
- Chop mushrooms & onions, add to pan and cook till tender. Stir while it cooks.
- Mix in flour and then gradually add milk until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add spices, stir & remove from heat.
- Cut croissant in half, lenghwise. Place bottom halves on a cookie sheet. Layer each bottom half with ham first, 1/4 mushroom sauce & then 1 slice of cheese. Cover with the top of the croissant.
- Bake for 15 min or until cheese has melted.