1/1 Photo of Baked Ham & Swiss With Mushroom Sauce
Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
Recipe was adapted from 'Cooking for the Rushed' cookbook. I cut back the green onions & black pepper; we found them alittle overpowering. You could substitute the cheese, however, I feel the Swiss compliments the flavours the best. If you don't like ham, try shrimp or smoked turkey breast instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Heat butter in non-stick pan at med-high heat.
- 3Chop mushrooms & onions, add to pan and cook till tender. Stir while it cooks.
- 4Mix in flour and then gradually add milk until mixture begins to thicken.
- 5Add spices, stir & remove from heat.
- 6Cut croissant in half, lenghwise. Place bottom halves on a cookie sheet. Layer each bottom half with ham first, 1/4 mushroom sauce & then 1 slice of cheese. Cover with the top of the croissant.
- 7Bake for 15 min or until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ham & Swiss With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.0
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 965.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g