Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This ham is very tender. You could cut it with a fork. Lots of flavour.
- 2 lbs thickly sliced smoked pork, picnic shoulder
- 1 1⁄3 cups apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Put ham slices in a single layer in a roast pan with a cover.
- Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and dry mustard.
- Pour over ham.
- Bake, covered, at 350F for about 2 hours, or until liquid reduces to approximately 1/2 - 1 cup.
- Turn ham slices occasionally during cooking time.
I made this for myself and my boyfriend and it was very good. My slices were cut thin, it still turned out well, but next time I'll make the slices thicker. Great, simple, and tasty recipe! Thanks :)
These ham slices are Delicious and so tender. I used sliced ham slices from a large smoked ham that we had bought & froze some of the slices. The apple juice, brown sugar, and mustard gives them a really good flavor. This were right up DH's alley. I uncovered them the last 15 minutes to let liquid reduce. I wiill be making these again & often, Thank you MaeEast.