1/2 Photos of Baked Ham Rolls
Continuing my happy trip thru THE BEST OF COOKING by Arne Kruger & Annette Wolter, I ran across this so easy to fix recipe that I see as a great way to use leftover ham when it starts to get a bit boring for everyone. Part of the appeal here is that it can be made ahead & popped in the oven for an evening meal or even made & frozen for later use when the ham boredom lessens. Its versatility gets high marks as well as it can become part of a breakfast or lunch & is very portable for all the *TO GO* occasions. *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Toast bread slices & place in a mixing bowl. Cover w/the beaten eggs & leave to soak for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients (except the ham) & stir till well-mixed.
- 4Spread out the ham slices & cover thickly w/the bread mixture. Roll up & secure w/a wooden cocktail stick or skewers as needed.
- 5Place in a greased ovenproof dish, cover & bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 6NOTE: I haven't made this & it sounds good to me as is, but whatcha think about putting well-drained crushed pineapple atop the ham rolls, maybe mixed w/a bit of maple syrup or sprinkled w/brown sugar?
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ham Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 436.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: