- 9 lbs boneless ham
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 bottles extra-dry champagne
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- canned pineapple slices or spiced apple (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Score ham and place on rack in baking pan.
- Cover top with 1 cup brown sugar and pour over 1 bottle champagne.
- Bake at 325 ° for 2 hours.
- Combine remaining bottle champagne, remaining brown sugar, honey, ginger and mustard and bring to rolling boil in saucepan.
- Lower heat and simmer while basting ham every 15 minutes until done.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and spiced apples, if desired.