Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is the best ham ever. I'm not sure what the champagne does, but it sure does it well.
- 9 lbs boneless ham
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 bottles extra-dry champagne
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- canned pineapple slices or spiced apple (optional)
- Score ham and place on rack in baking pan.
- Cover top with 1 cup brown sugar and pour over 1 bottle champagne.
- Bake at 325 ° for 2 hours.
- Combine remaining bottle champagne, remaining brown sugar, honey, ginger and mustard and bring to rolling boil in saucepan.
- Lower heat and simmer while basting ham every 15 minutes until done.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and spiced apples, if desired.
Easy and very enjoyable meal. Thanks!
EXCELLENT recipe ~ I highly recommend this to anyone, you will not be disappointed. I do not use the pineapple or apple slices.
Very good!! I used a 4 lb. ham, so I just halved the ingredients. We don't like pineapple with our ham....so I left that out. Actually we are not big ham fans either. We get one every year as a gift for Christmas...and I needed to cook it. Your recipe makes me like ham! LOL