Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is the best ham ever. I'm not sure what the champagne does, but it sure does it well.
Make and share this Baked Ham in Champagne recipe from Food.com.
- 9 lbs boneless ham
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 2 bottles extra-dry champagne
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- canned pineapple slices or spiced apple (optional)
- Score ham and place on rack in baking pan.
- Cover top with 1 cup brown sugar and pour over 1 bottle champagne.
- Bake at 325 ° for 2 hours.
- Combine remaining bottle champagne, remaining brown sugar, honey, ginger and mustard and bring to rolling boil in saucepan.
- Lower heat and simmer while basting ham every 15 minutes until done.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and spiced apples, if desired.
Easy and very enjoyable meal. Thanks!
EXCELLENT recipe ~ I highly recommend this to anyone, you will not be disappointed. I do not use the pineapple or apple slices.
Very good!! I used a 4 lb. ham, so I just halved the ingredients. We don't like pineapple with our ham....so I left that out. Actually we are not big ham fans either. We get one every year as a gift for Christmas...and I needed to cook it. Your recipe makes me like ham! LOL