Recipe by TigerJo~
My Mom prepared ham using this recipe for holidays or special occasions, and it always made the house smell wonderful. I remember watching her 'crack' the blanket off the ham, which both flavored it and kept it extremely moist. I've eaten it many times, but haven't made it myself yet.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 4.92-14.78 ml ground cloves (to taste)
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- water or cider or apple juice
- 2267.96-2721.55 g boneless ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F; Make a spice dough, combining the flour, sugar, and spices in a large mixing bowl; add enough water or cider to make a stiff dough; roll until it is 1/4" thick and forms a 10x12" rectangle.
- Place the ham, fat side up, in a foil-lined open roasting pan; cover top and sides of ham with "blanket" of dough; bake at 350F for 3 hours (tent with foil if crust becomes too brown).
- Remove ham; discard "blanket" crust; let rest for 15 minutes. Slice ham; serve warm or cold.