1/1 Photo of Baked Ham and Cheese in a Mashed Potato Crust
Lifted off another recipe website (can't remember which one) when I was looking for low-fat recipes to make. It involves many of my favorite things all together in one dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (it's easier to use instant potatoes, and to make them with chicken broth instead of milk to cut calo)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (optional)
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese, crumbled (or just get some of the pre-grated in a package. Again, easier.)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix mashed potatoes and mustard (personally, I prefer to leave the mustard out, but that's just me.) Spread evenly in bottom of non-stick 8x8 baking pan.
- 3Add ham cubes in layer on top of potatoes.
- 4In electric blender, blend cottage cheese and cheddar cheese until fairly smooth. Spread over ham.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ham and Cheese in a Mashed Potato Crust
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.4 mg
- Sodium 564.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g