Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like "melts", omit the second slice of pumpernickel and run the sandwich under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 1⁄4 lb honey-baked ham, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, sliced
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon in medium-size bowl.
- Add apple and lemon juice; gently toss.
- For one sandwich, spread 2 slices of bread with some of the mustard.
- Top one slice, mustard side up, with lettuce leaves, 1/4 of the ham, 1/4 of the brie and 1/4 of the apple slices.
- Place second slice of bread, mustard side down, over apples.
- Cut sandwich in half.
- Repeat to make 3 more sandwiches.