Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Until becoming a diabetic I always fixed my ham this way, now I use Baked Ham for Diabetics and it turns out fine, but wanted to post both ways.
- Unwrap ham and place in roasting pan with lid.
- Place your pineapple rings on top, securing with toothpicks.
- Pour the can of Coke over top of the ham, cover and bake approximately 4.5 hours or until internal temp reaches 140°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Note: the cooking time includes the resting time.
While the flavor of this didn't give my ham the wow factor I was hoping for, it was still good. It's a geat recipe for when you are in a rush to get your ham in the oven. It is so easy to make, I would suggest this to even a begining cook. You just can't mess it up!
This is a wonderful ham recipe! I was looking for a ham recipe that had a little bit fewer calories then the rest. This one was perfect! We all loved this recipe. I didn't have pineapple rings so I used pineapple chunks. This was very easy to make. Thanks for posting this one.