Borealis Beegirl's Note:
Not too sure where I got it but sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped lemongrass
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 6 banana leaves, 10x20 inches
- 36 ounces halibut fillets
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1Stir 1 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup mint, sugar, fish sauce, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, and chili paste in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Set Thai lemon-mind sauce aside.
- 2Mix remaining 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 cup mint, and 2 teaspoons lemon peel in small bowl. Set mint topping aside.
- 3Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass and shallots and saute until shallots are slightly softened and golden, about 6 minutes. Cool.
- 4Place 1 banana leaf or parchment sheet on work surface. Place 2 tablespoons cold shallot-lemongrass mixture in center of banana leaf. Place 1 fish fillet on lemongrass mixture on bananaa leaf. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, top with 1 tablespoon butter; spoon 2 tablespoons mint topping over. Fold 1 short side of banana leaf over fish. Fold long sides inches Roll up to completely enclose fish. Repeat with remaining banana leaves, shallot-lemongrass mixture, fish, butter, and mint topping.
- 5Preheat oven to 450°F Place fish packets on rimmed baking sheet and roast until fish is opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Unwrap fish and serve with Thai lemon- mint sauce.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Halibut With Thai Lemon-Mint Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 510.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: