Recipe by E.A.
This is a kid friendly Alice Waters recipe. Since my son recently discovered he likes halibut (yeah!!!) I found this recipe and thought I'd share.
- 4 large fig leaves (may sub. for grape leaves)
- 4 halibut fillets, 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash leaves and put them on table shiny side up.
- Place fish in middle of each leaf.
- Oil fish on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold up fig leaf over fish to make a package. Put the folded side down when you place it on a baking sheet or grill it so it will stay closed.
- If baking fish in oven pour 1/4 cup of water on baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet with packages in oven for 10 minutes. If grilling fish 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- To check if done, open up one of the packages and look at center of fish. If it's white and flaky, it's done.
- put packages on plates and let each person open their's up.
- Squeeze lemon and salt to taste.