Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although I seldom use processed foods like dehydrated mashed potatoes, this is very good. Would think you could just use leftover mashed potatoes instead of the dehydrated ones. This is slightly adapted from DEANN'S POTATO CHEESE HALIBUT which I ran across years ago on RecipeSource.com. Deeann, whoever and wherever you are, thanks so much!
- 6 skinless halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with salt
- 2⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover broiler pan with aluminum foil and grease well.
- In med bowl mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, horserradish, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, hot pepper sauce and garlic salt. Add white pepper to taste. Fold in potato flakes and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over fish filets. Place filets on brolier pan. Reduce oven temperture to 400 and bake for 10-15 minutes Turn oven to broil and cook until tops are golden brown. Fish flakes when done.