Recipe by ellie_
Delicious and easy way to make halibut steaks. Recipe souce: Bon Appetit (December, 1986)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
A nice, quick, easy family dinner. I used 1 cup chopped yellow onions, 1/2 cup chopped green onions, and 3 cloves minced garlic. My husband and I thought it was a little heavy with parsley so will cut back on that ingredient next time. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut steaks (1-inch)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 8- 10 minutes.
- Add green onions, parsley, garlic and tomato sauce. Continue cooking over medium low for 5 minutes.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place in prepared pan.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until fish is cooked through.