Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Italian dish is one of the highest rated recipes on the Safeway website posted by dakota kelly, and I wanted to post it here before I lost it (again!). It's quite different than the few with the same title that are already posted to this site.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml zucchini, diced
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 473.18 ml fresh tomatoes, diced
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) halibut steaks
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230° C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with the feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
I really wanted to like this, but It was just ok. I am not sure why it was just ok either. It had ingredients we love - maybe not great fish? I will try it with better halibut. I did have to make two changes - I used dehydrated zucchini and homemade canned tomatoes. I used the juice from the tomatoes to re-hydrate the zucchini. I also used garlic herb feta cheese.