Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was in a flyer at work today. I haven't tried it yet, but it's at the top of my list. Sounds delicious.
- 2 lbs halibut fillets
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained (or 8 oz fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large avocado
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or monterey jack)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut halibut fillets into serving size pieces.
- Lay the halibut single layer into a greased baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add mushrooms and onions, and saute.
- When the onions are tender, add the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, and celery salt and mix well.
- Combine the egg and lemon juice in a dish and brush the fish with it.
- Peel and slice the avocado and arrange over the fish.
- Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.