Recipe by mollypaul
The halibut is the aristocrat of deep-sea fishes. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by ddeweese1134
This is similiar to a bbq recipe that was shared when I moved to the North Coast of Calidfornia years ago. We fixed it for my finicky inlaws recently and they loved it so much my mother in law copied the recipe to bolster her reporatoire.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks, about 2 inches thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse halibut and place in a well-greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle fish with lemon juice and seasonings.
- Place onion slices on top of fish and top with bacon slices.
- Dot with butter and bake in a preheated 400F oven for about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily, basting frequently.
- Serve garnished with lemon quarters and parsley.