Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely fish dish from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pint oyster
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place one fillet on pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip oysters in cracker crumbs; cover the fillet with them.
- Place remaining fillet on top of oysters and fasten in place with toothpicks or skewers.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and remaining cracker crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake for an hour or until flaky and done.