Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has a wonderful array of flavors and is made with healthy asian-inspired ingredients. I've made this with Haddock and Pollock, but I think it would work with any type of whitefish or even salmon. I like to serve this with plain brown rice and pour the the leftover juice from the baking pan over the whole plate. Don't let any of the ingredients scare you away from trying this recipe, as you should be able to find them at most supermarkets with a little searching. Please enjoy!
- 2 filets haddock or 2 other fish
- 1⁄2 cup julienned celery root (celeriac)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons brown miso
- 1⁄4 cup mirin (rice wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fish filets into glass baking pan, place mushrooms and celery root on top, sprinkle salt to taste.
- In an 8 oz cup combine the ginger, miso paste, water, 5-spice, and mirin. Whisk until miso is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the fish and vegetables.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until fish is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes for Haddock.