This is a traditional New England classic made with the perfect combination of fresh bread crumbs and Ritz crackers for the topping. A little bit of Parmesan adds a great flavor and you wouldn't even be able to guess that it's there........it just doesn't get any better than this. The Ritz keep the topping crunchy and the fish is sweet, savory and oh, soooo delicious. This recipe is the secret combination of how it's done in the restaurants.....In New England that is. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except for the butter and fish. Use a food processor or your hands to make an evenly consistent bowl of crumbs.
- Place the fish in a cooking dish(es), cover with a good handful of crumbs and sprinkle with drawn butter.
- Place two tablespoons of water around the bottom of the fish.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until the breadcrumbs become brown. Serve immediately with a lemon wedge and your favorite vegetable.