Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple and tasty haddock recipe. It can be done with other white fishes, cod for instance. I used to have it in a local restaurant and then I tried to figure out how it was made. Perfect with a very cold white whine.
- Cut the potatoes in thick slices (3mm approx.) and sprinkle with half the olive oil and salt.
- Cover a baking dish with the potatoes arranged in 2 layers.
- Add 1/4 glass of water and bake at 180°C while the rest of the recipe is being prepared (about 20 minutes).
- Put the rest of the olive oil into a frying-pan.
- Add the garlic and the red hot pepper (just a couple of slices per fillet will do, the recipe does not have to be too hot).
- Prepare a mixture with the rest of the water, the vinegar, salt and white pepper.
- When the garlic gets golden, add the mixture, and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and olive oil.
- Put the haddock fillets on top of the potatoes and pour the mixture with the garlic over them.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until done (the colour changes to white).
I loved it. I will be making it again very soon.
I also thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I would reduce the olive oil and the water in the beginning - I think I would like the potatoes to get a little crispiness to them. The balance of the ingredients was very nice and delicate.
Tried this with just the fish, no potatoes. I don't recommend it.