Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a delicious breadcrumb topping for haddock, scallops or cod. I have lightened it up by using light butter. The lemon and white wine provide a great flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry fish fillets, then season with salt.
- Meanwhile, mix breadcrumbs, melted butter, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- You will need to spray some cooking spray on the breadcrumbs to make sure they are moist enough. The breadcrumbs should be forming into moist crumbs.
- Place fish in shallow baking pan.
- Pour the white wine around the fish, making sure it does not actually cover the fish.
- Place the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fish.
- Put the fish(for haddock or cod) in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until almost done.
- You then may want to broil the fish for a minute or two just to crisp up the topping.
I used cod, and this was very good. I'm not rating it right now, but will do so later. I have a second half of the fish to eat tomorrow. I did enjoy it, and will be trying it again.
This is a simple, classic baked fish recipe that fits right in out here in New England. My BF craves this often and we've made it with both haddock and scallops. I even used this as the basis for a delicious baked stuffed haddock I made.
I'm not rating this as I used inferior products. Used a wine I had never tried before, my mistake. Thought I did something wrong as it was very yeasty. Will try this again as it was a simple recipe and I can definitely see the potential. Just a warning to others.. use a good dry wine that actually tastes good when you drink it.