Recipe by 2ReDsOx 2
This is a delicious breadcrumb topping for haddock, scallops or cod. I have lightened it up by using light butter. The lemon and white wine provide a great flavor.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I used cod, and this was very good. I'm not rating it right now, but will do so later. I have a second half of the fish to eat tomorrow. I did enjoy it, and will be trying it again.
- 2 haddock fillets (or scallops) or 2 cod fish fillets (or scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- Pam cooking spray
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry fish fillets, then season with salt.
- Meanwhile, mix breadcrumbs, melted butter, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- You will need to spray some cooking spray on the breadcrumbs to make sure they are moist enough. The breadcrumbs should be forming into moist crumbs.
- Place fish in shallow baking pan.
- Pour the white wine around the fish, making sure it does not actually cover the fish.
- Place the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fish.
- Put the fish(for haddock or cod) in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until almost done.
- You then may want to broil the fish for a minute or two just to crisp up the topping.