Recipe by Sharon123
A great way to fix fish, from Cooks.com.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This recipe is really easy (no chopping) and plates elegantly. The cream sauce itself is a little plain without the lift that it gets from the sherry. DH and I thought the dish was ok, but my parents (who were guests for dinner) really liked it. I served with Recipe #504455 and roasted asparagus. Made for ZWT9
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 lbs haddock fillets (4)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg whisking until smooth.
- Add milk slowly, whisking to get out any lumps and make smooth.
- Add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Place haddock in greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over haddock.
- Drizzle over sherry and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 325*F. for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.