Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Haddock pieces w/ mushroom cream sauce...mmmmmm... You can leave the haddock whole, if desired.
Make and share this Baked Haddock Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock, cut into about 3-inch chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle the fish pieces with salt and pepper; arrange in a shallow baking.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat; add garlic and mushrooms; saute until mushrooms are tender and golden. Stir in flour until smooth and dissolved into the butter.
- Gradually stir in the sherry, milk, cream, tarragon and paprika. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
- Pour evenly over haddock pieces in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, parsley and breadcrumbs; evenly sprinkle bread crumbs over haddock and sauce.
- Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.