Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This year's "centrepiece" dish for our Italian Christmas Eve feast, this is based on my mom's memory of a 5-star meal she had when out in Moncton on business. It's so close you could swear it was catered!
- 1 lb haddock fillet, cut into 6 pieces
- 4 ounces bay scallops (small)
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- Preheat the oven to 375F, line a roasting pan with parchment.
- Lay fish fillets in a single layer on the bottom of the dish, then top with scallops and shrimp.
- Pour the white wine and lemon juice overtop of the seafood.
- In a bowl, toss butter, cracker crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle over the seafood.
- Bake 15 minutes, then turn the broiler to HI and broil 2 minutes, until browned.
This dish has real possibilities. Used tilapia and shrimp and made the rest to the recipe. I would definitely make this again. I found that when removing the shrimp from the top of the tilapia, the crumb topping was also removed, leaving the tilapia bare and rather tasteless. I would rather add crumbs to the tilapia, then the shrimp and scallops and add more crumbs on top. Otherwise,very delicious dish. Thank you for sharing.