Recipe by s'kat
I've had an urge for grouper lately, and came across this enchanting recipe in Cooking Light.
Top Review by bsp
I did this recipe at work (a retirement center) and it was very good. Looked nice on the plate too with a bit of the tomato mixture spooned over the fillet. I adapted the recipe a bit to make it quicker--I brushed the fillets with oil before topping with the tomato mixture (did not cook in oil first). Also, I omitted the capers (only because I didn't have any on hand).
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) grouper fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Place fish, skin sides up, in pan: cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn fish over and top with tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Place pan in oven, bake for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.