My family loves grilled cheese so when they asked for it I wanted to try something new. This was the best grilled cheese, nice crunchy bread with melted cheese. I had to post this so I wouldn't forget it. Family loved it served with homemade milkshakes and fries. This is a great way to make a bunch at one time and the clean-up was nothing. ;)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on a cookie sheet butter side down.
- Place 2 slices cheese on each piece of bread.
- Place other piece of bread on top, lightly butter side up.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes.
- Then flip each sandwich over.
- Bake additional 3-4 minute until done.
I used cheddar and provolone and add some ham with roast beef, It's was great. I'm always going to make my grilled cheese sandwiches like this now! Grpa! Thank you for a great idea !!
I didn't have the cheeses called for in this recipe, but I used the technique, and I'm impressed! The bread was perfectly crispy and the cheese was gooey and perfect. It was faster to do them this way-- all at once on a cookie sheet- than to rotate sandwiches in and out of a skillet. I think this may be my new way to make grilled cheese sandwiches!
We've been making our "grilled" cheese sandwiches this way for a couple of years now and they come out yummy with crispy bread and gooey cheese every time. It also works quite well with gluten free breads. Thanks!!