Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't let green beans get boring; serve this Greek-style side dish that's packed with flavour.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan and top with tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until tender.
Wonderful alternative to plain beans. Definately a keeper.
Loved this recipe! Even my kids (who are pretty tired of green beans) loved it! Didn't change a thing.
Beautiful & delicious! The only changes I made were dried herbs, instead of fresh & I only used 1 Tbsp. olive oil. It was wonderful. Thanks so much for this recipe.