Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So different from any green beans I've ever eaten...delicious!
Make and share this Baked Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- Drain green beans and put into baking dish. Melt butter and stir in minced garlic and brown sugar until mixed well. Pour over beans. Stir in raw diced bacon. Bake @ 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Stir and bake another 10-15 minutes until bacon is cooked.
My Husband and I loved these green beans. Super easy and delicious ! Thank you for the recipe.
The ONLY way I'll make green beans now! Thanks!
I'm a big person of "tradition" when it comes to green beans, and how they're prepared for the holidays. However, after making these for the in-laws a few weeks back, it was demanded they arrive with me on Turkey Day this year. LOL! Abosultely loved them they say. The "glaze" made with the butter and brown sugar, surprised us all in how good it melded with the garlic and green beans. I did do it a little different because the first time I made these, I completely read the directions wrong...I diced the bacon (added an onion for personal taste) and cooked them off with the garlic before melting in the butter and brown sugar. Not sure how significantly what I did changes the entire recipe, but everyone loved it. I even passed it to my mother Peg629, (hey mom!) and they enjoyed it too! Thanks for sharing Joy! :)