Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A really tasty omelette to serve for a brunch or lunch. Based partly on a recipe by Valli Little.
Make and share this Baked Greek Style Omelette (Gluten Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180dC.
- Grease a 1 litre round ovenproof dish.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and refresh.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in saucepan and add leek and cook over low heat for 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes then add rice with mint, dill eggs and feta.
- Mix then pour into the dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Toss onion and tomato in remaining oil and place on top of omelette.
- You could serve this with a green salad for Lunch or Brunch.
this was a lovely light dinner, though i took a few liberties with the ingredients. i only used 1 leek, 1 zucchini, and added half a red pepper diced and 4 oz mushrooms, sliced. i put this under the broiler for a minute or 2 just to brown the top. loved the feta and vegetables, very tasty.
This is really very nice. I made these for DH's lunch yesterday and they were really enjoyed. DS and me had it for lunch as well with Indian bread loaves. I loved the leeks, mint and the rice in it. Used cream cheese instead of the feta though. We get feta cheese now I noticed during my last visit to the locl supermarket. But the cost is prohibitive. Thanks :) This will be a regular - Fay