Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Australian Good taste, loved the sound of this, I haven't tried it yet but will soon. For ZWT 4 -Greece
- 1⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150 g marinated feta cheese, drained, crumbled
- sliced red onion, and
- tomatoes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease a 1-litre round ovenproof dish.
- Cook rice in boiling, salted water for 8 minutes. Drain and refresh. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, add leek and cook over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add rice with mint, dill, eggs and feta. Season. Mix, then pour into dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Toss onion and tomato in remaining oil and place on top of omelette. Serve with a green salad.
This dish is very good! Love the minty flavor in it.This also cooked nicely in the oven with nice specks of green from the mixture of herb spices . I can hardly believe there's rice in here, could hardly taste it. The addition of topping was also very good and improved the flavor. This is best served warm. Thanks for sharing this, Mandy!