Prep 9 mins
Cook 43 mins
From Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This is very good.
Make and share this Baked Greek Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in and skin-on
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of (juice only)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup Greek olive, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Dredge chicken in flour. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in butter and oil in an oven proof skillet. Just brown chicken for a few minutes on each side, don't cook through.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the lemons and cheese. Place skillet in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with feta cheese and sliced lemons. This is great over rice or couscous.
What a wonderful experience for the taste buds. My BF loves Greek inspired anything; this one is over the top. I had some Greek dressing in the fridge so I marinated the chicken breasts over night in that along with some extra garlic and fresh basil. I had about a 1/4 of a red pepper I needed to use up so I added it to the pot. I don't think it was necessary for the flavor and I wouldn't go out of my way to add it again, but it was fine. This is a real keeper.
A wonderfully flavoursome dish: I knew from the moment I tagged this in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders that I was going to love it. If you like Greek dishes, you'll love this. With garlic, oregano, lemon juice, wine, artichoke hearts, olives (I used kalamata) and feta, what was there not to love! :) I took a few liberties with the recipe: I subbed roasted red peppers for the tomatoes, doubled the garlic and used skinless, boneless chicken breasts (all taste preferences or, in the case of the chicken skin, a health preference). Certainly a recipe I'll be making again, including for guests. We enjoyed it on this occasion with Potato Gratin With Parmesan and Caramelized Onions. Thank you so much for sharing it, Jess!
We enjoyed it very much. I did some ingredient swapping. I didn't have chicken breast so I used quarters. I cooked it 15 to 20 minutes longer after checking it several times. I forgot to put on the feta cheese. Just slipped my mind. Overall a very nice dish. That we will have again. Made for bevy tag nov 2008.