- 5 medium beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 small potato
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel beets and shred coarsely.
- Place on a greased 1 quart casserole.
- Peel and grate onion and potato and stir into beets.
- In a small bowl; stir together oil, vinegar, sugar, water, salt and pepper.
- Stir into vegetable mixture; cover tightly and bake in a 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir once or twice during cooking.