Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
One serving of apple deliciousness!
- 1 apple (I used a Granny Smith)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon light brown sugar or 3⁄4 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon old fashioned oats (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the apple core, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apple.
- You are creating a pocket to hold the filling.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and oatmeal.
- Place the apple in a baking dish lined with foil and top with the butter. Pour the water around the apple and slightly fold the foil around the apple.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the apple and apple skin are soft. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream.