Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great crowd pleaser, always the first thing to go.
- 226.79 g gouda cheese (wheel prefereably)
- 226.79 g canpillsbury reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml red wine
- 29.58 ml walnuts
- 29.58 ml dried cranberries
- 14.79 ml apple jelly
- 2 granny smith apples
- For red onion marmalade - thinly slice red onion. Add olive oil to pan and cook red onion on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and salt.
- Add red wine vinegar, cook until reduced, stirring constantly.
- Add red wine, cook until reduced, stirring constantly.
- Set aside.
- Spread jelly on top of cheese.
- Wrap wheel of cheese in crescent rolls (usually half a package).
- Place on pan (pizza stone is good), a bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, at 375. Watch to see if cheese is gooey and make sure you don't burn the crescent rolls.
- Take out, top with marmalade, cranberries and walnuts.
- Serve immediately with sliced apples (or multigrain crackers, bosc pears, etc.).
DELICIOUS! I will warn you 1. you will eat a whole wheel of cheese if given the chance 2. The red onion marmalade smells bad when you are making it, but it tastes great! It's just the vinegar.