Chef SeaHag's Note:
This is a great crowd pleaser, always the first thing to go.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces gouda cheese (wheel prefereably)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pillsbury reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1For red onion marmalade - thinly slice red onion. Add olive oil to pan and cook red onion on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- 2Sprinkle brown sugar and salt.
- 3Add red wine vinegar, cook until reduced, stirring constantly.
- 4Add red wine, cook until reduced, stirring constantly.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Spread jelly on top of cheese.
- 7Wrap wheel of cheese in crescent rolls (usually half a package).
- 8Place on pan (pizza stone is good), a bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, at 375. Watch to see if cheese is gooey and make sure you don't burn the crescent rolls.
- 9Take out, top with marmalade, cranberries and walnuts.
- 10Serve immediately with sliced apples (or multigrain crackers, bosc pears, etc.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Gouda With Red Onion Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 525.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat crescent rolls