8 hrs 50 mins
This is a warm, comforting baked chicken dish with a golden, garlicky crunch. The curry powder works unexpectedly well with the Parmesan cheese, and the dish is particularly good with buttered egg noodles and a crisp salad. Prep time includes marinating in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (I prefer unseasoned Progresso crumbs)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- extra butter, for top of chicken
- 1Beat egg yolk and add garlic and curry powder.
- 2Place chicken in egg mixture in a glass dish and turn to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Melt 6 tbsp.
- 6butter in the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 7Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 8Dip and coat marinated chicken in crumb mixture and place in baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle more of the remaining crumb mixture onto the chicken breasts (you won't use it all- unless you want to!) Bake for 20 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 10Remove from oven and top each chicken breast with two thin pats of butter; uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- 11Serve with a smile!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Golden Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.3
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 298.4 mg
- Sodium 3233.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 56.7 g