Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a rich, creamy casserole that is sure to please cheese and tater lovers. :) My sis and me came up with this as we love mashed potatoes, but wanted something a little different for a change. I hope youll enjoy it! :)
Top Review by Kim127
I love goat cheese and so even though I halved the recipe I kept the original amount of goat cheese. Yes this is a denser mashed potato than I usually make but still very good. I used the leftovers to make fried potato patties the next day, those were good too!
- 6 medium potatoes, coarsely diced (if using organic no need to peel them)
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 3 scallions, sliced (use white and green parts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potato cubes in a pot with water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Return potatoes to the pot and add cream cheese and milk. Mash with a masher until rather creamy. Season with garlic, nutmeg and salt to taste.
- Now add in HALF of the mozzarella and HALF of the cheddar cheese (meaning 1/4 cup of each). Mash a little more.
- Add in scallions, mix well.
- Pour mashed taters into a 9X13 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned on top. If you like the top very brown, you can put the dish on the top rack for the last 5 minutes.