1/6 Photos of Baked Goats Cheese Scallion Mashed Potatoes
This is a rich, creamy casserole that is sure to please cheese and tater lovers. :) My sis and me came up with this as we love mashed potatoes, but wanted something a little different for a change. I hope youll enjoy it! :)
My Private Note
9X13 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, coarsely diced (if using organic no need to peel them)
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 3 scallions, sliced (use white and green parts)
- 1Place potato cubes in a pot with water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- 2Return potatoes to the pot and add cream cheese and milk. Mash with a masher until rather creamy. Season with garlic, nutmeg and salt to taste.
- 3Now add in HALF of the mozzarella and HALF of the cheddar cheese (meaning 1/4 cup of each). Mash a little more.
- 4Add in scallions, mix well.
- 5Pour mashed taters into a 9X13 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned on top. If you like the top very brown, you can put the dish on the top rack for the last 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Goats Cheese Scallion Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (1466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1416.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 1091.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 54.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: