Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect served on top of a bed of spring lettuce salad.....From Sunset Magazine.
- 12 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Shape the goat cheese into eight 1" thick discs and put into a container just big enough to hold them in one layer.
- Sprinkle cheese with herbs and pour on olive oil.
- Cover & chill at least 12 hours.
- One hour before baking pop them into the freezer to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove cheese from marinade and roll all sides in panko, pressing gently so that the crumbs adhere.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet and bake until golden-about 15 minutes-turning over halfway through. Serve immediately.
Wonderful way to make your salad look like it came from a 5-star restaurant. I served this with a great summer salad and my guests raved about these little bundles of flavor.